Bitcoin just did what we said it needed to do. Back in our September 20 update, we were explicit: an intraday break above $82,836 meant nothing on its own — only a monthly candle closing above that level would change our view. September has now closed, and Bitcoin held above $82,836 into the close.
With that confirmation in hand, SOG Capital is calling it: the bottom is in on Bitcoin.
Why a monthly close actually matters here
This is worth slowing down on, because it's the mirror image of a lesson we've written about before. On the gold post a few weeks ago, the framework was: a fast-timeframe flip (daily, 4H) doesn't change your overall bias when the higher timeframe hasn't confirmed it. The same logic cuts the other way here. An intraday break is a fast-timeframe event — noise until proven otherwise. A monthly close is about as high a timeframe as retail trading uses. When the higher timeframe actually confirms, that's not noise anymore — that's a genuine structural signal, and ignoring it would be the same mistake as overreacting to the intraday break would have been three weeks ago.
Bottom confirmed does not mean buy now
This is the part we want to be completely clear on, because "bottom is in" and "buy here" get treated as the same statement by a lot of traders, and they are not.
The dollar is still strong. The DXY Bias Score currently sits at +8, Bullish DXY — the highest reading of this entire cascade — and a genuinely strong dollar is historically a headwind for Bitcoin and risk assets broadly. Buying a confirmed bottom into a still-strengthening dollar is chasing two things that can easily move against each other in the near term. Our base case is that dollar strength could still pull Bitcoin back down from current levels before any real continuation higher plays out.
So we're doing the less exciting thing: waiting.
The level we're watching: $74,890
We've identified $74,890 as the immediate support, or demand zone, we want to see Bitcoin ease back into before we consider buying. This isn't a round number pulled out of the air — it's the level where we'd expect real buying interest to show up if the broader bottom thesis is correct.
The trigger is deliberately a combination of two conditions, not one. Price reaching $74,890 on its own isn't enough — a level can be reached and broken straight through, especially with the dollar still pushing higher. Dollar weakness on its own isn't enough either, without Bitcoin actually being at a level where buying makes technical sense. We want to see both line up before committing capital: the chart giving us the level, and the macro backdrop giving us the tailwind.
What would change this plan
If Bitcoin never pulls back to $74,890 and instead continues higher directly from here, that's a bullish outcome we simply miss the entry on — an acceptable cost of waiting for confirmation rather than chasing. If the dollar reverses hard and weakens before price reaches $74,890, we'll revisit the plan rather than rigidly waiting for an exact print that may not come. And if Bitcoin breaks back below $82,836 on a future monthly close, that would call the bottom thesis itself into question — but that's a bridge we're not at yet.
This is exactly the kind of data-to-chart-to-trade reasoning the upcoming SOG Capital YouTube series will walk through live as October's macro cycle unfolds.